One-Bowl Healthy Breakfast Muffins They'll Love
These muffins are so quick and easy, that we often make them first-thing in the morning. As a bonus, this recipe generates very few dirty dishes. :) The muffins are moist, yummy and super-nutritious. We eat them with crunchy peanut butter and would never think of using anything other than chocolate chips.
(adapted from “Flax & Oat Breakfast Power Muffins” by Angela Liddon)
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup add-in (we use chocolate chips, but you could use raisins, nuts or blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a 12-serving muffin tin with muffin liners (or spray tin with oil).
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash bananas in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat in milk, olive oil, egg, and brown sugar.
- Add to the bowl: flax seed, whole wheat flour, oats and baking soda.
- Stir the dry ingredients + add-in into the wet ingredients until combined; do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin tins. Bake for 19-20 min, until lightly golden. Let cool and enjoy!